Monday, November 12, 2007

Greatest MNF Game Ever


Somebody's getting fired in the NFL scheduling division Tuesday morning. I don't know how Seattle vs. San Francisco got put on Monday night. That was one of the worst games of the year. Each team played terribly, Seattle just happened to be mediocre as compare to S.F.'s utterly lame. This game had only one chance for greatness -- the Mike Nolan subplot. I honestly thought San Francisco had a chance before the game on that basis alone. I thought all the aura that comes with Monday night, Shaun Alexander's absence, and the Niner's desire to win one for Nolan could combine to override Alex Smith's talent and their defense's ineptitude. I was wrong. Must have been because Nolan went without a suit on a night where he surely should have had one on. In fact, the suits are the only reasons I have any respect for either Nolan or Jack Del Rio.

My night got even worse went I stopped watching that game in order to listen to the end of the Pittsburgh Penguin's game against New Jersey.
Final score: Devils 3 Pens 2. I can't bore you with a lot of hockey talk; I can't watch the games so I can't tell really what we are doing wrong, but I'm guessing it's a lot. Sidney Crosby's point streak is still intact though. It should be something to cheer for once we're winning again. There is still a long way to go in the year, I'll just hope we can turn it around. As long as Mike Lange is doing my play-by-play, I'll continue to listen no matter how bad we are.

Here's today's Gardocki: Did you know that A.J. Hawk is dating [now married to] Brady Quinn's sister? (As they pan to her just being a babe in half Notre Dame/half Buckeyes jersey from the 2006 Fiesta Bowl) R

No comments: